Last Updated: September 12, 2023, 23:40 IST
The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) predicted heavy to very heavy rainfall in various states over the next four days in Gangetic West Bengal, Jharkhand, Delhi, East Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, and Vidarbha among others. On Tuesday, Delhi is also likely to get some respite from humidity as fresh spells of rain are predicted on Wednesday in the national capital.
The maximum temperature in the national capital on Tuesday settled at 34.5 degrees Celsius, a notch above the season’s average, even as the weather office has forecast a generally cloudy sky with light rain or drizzle later.
Here’s the weather forecast for the upcoming days across India in 10 points:
- Until Friday, Odisha, Jharkhand, Gangetic West Bengal, and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands are predicted to experience moderate rainfall, thunderstorms, and lightning, with isolated heavy rainfall.
- Light to moderate showers with isolated heavy downpours are predicted in parts of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand till Saturday. A red alert has been issued for various districts.
- Madhya Pradesh and Vidarbha region is also likely to receive isolated heavy rainfall, light to moderate widespread showers accompanied by thunderstorms, and lightning till September 16.
- Chhattisgarh is also expected to receive heavy to moderate rainfall till Saturday.
- The Western part of Madhya Pradesh is predicted to witness severe weather from Thursday through Saturday.
- Isolated extremely heavy rain is also predicted in Odisha till September 14. Heavy rains are likely in parts of Malkangiri, Koraput, Nabarangpur, Kalahandi and Bolangir, among others.
- In South India, there will likely be isolated heavy downpours today across Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and the Tamil Nadu ghat region.
- Isolated heavy rainfall is highly likely over the Konkan and Goa, as well as the ghat regions of Madhya Maharashtra and Marathwada till Saturday.
- Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, and Tripura are likely to have light to moderate scattered rainfall with thunderstorms on Wednesday.
- Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, and Tripura on September 14.